NEW YORK CITY (AP) — A power outage cast darkness across dozens of blocks in New York City early Friday, as many people in the city were still without electricity in the aftermath of Tropical Storm Isaias.
The utility added that crews have been working around the clock to restore power across the city due to the tropical storm that battered the East Coast earlier this week.
Live video showed few lights across Manhattan, including parts of the Upper East Side, Upper West Side and Harlem, around 5:15 a.m., WABC-TV reported. Some customers said their power was back by 6 a.m.
- Family calls for justice after 66-year-old shot, killed in crossfire shooting
- Mom fights off masked attacker who grabbed her, toddler outside California home
- 84-year-old man taking photos of boys outside Missouri grade school charged with child porn
- Tuscaloosa bars hope to cash in on Alabama’s first game of the season
- US Senate candidates clash over Supreme Court nomination ahead of election