MIAMI (WIAT) — People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) has released a new ad that they say the NFL blocked due to its message and “homage to Colin Kaepernick.”
The ad was released on Twitter and showcased cartoon animals and insects all kneeling and looking somber all while the national anthem plays in the background.
The ad was met with tweets from people in disbelief of what they watched.
The way the commercial depicted the animals kneeling also drew some chatter online.
The commercial ended with a bald eagle kneeling followed by text that read, “Respect is the right of every living being” and “#EndSpeciesism.”
PETA wrote more about the ad and the rejection from the NFL here.
- NHL’s Coyotes dismiss draft pick who bullied Black classmate
- Despite record turnout, Dems worried about voter suppression
- Kyle Rittenhouse to face homicide charges in Wisconsin after judge OKs extradition request
- Lawmakers urge seniors to stay safe when voting during the pandemic
- 81-year-old woman missing since June found dead just blocks from her home in abandoned home