SAVANNAH, Ga. (AP) — A biracial man charged with murder in the shooting of a 17-year-old girl on a Georgia highway says he fired in self-defense after her friends in a pickup truck yelled racial slurs and tried to run his car off the road.
A judge in Statesboro postponed a preliminary hearing Tuesday for 21-year-old Marc Wilson. Wilson is charged with felony murder in the June 14 death of 17-year-old Haley Hutcheson. She was fatally wounded in what police referred to as a possible drive-by-shooting.
Wilson’s attorney says Wilson was legally defending himself against a racist attack by young white men in the same truck as the slain girl.
- Helena mayoral candidates face off
- Woman shot after pointing gun at St. Clair County sheriff deputies who found man dead
- Texas band director accused of having child porn, recording students
- Hueytown District 2 councilor challenged after 16 years in office
- Southwest removes family from flight after 3-year-old with autism refuses mask