JACKSBORO, Tenn. (WATE) – Superstar Jennifer Lopez and former MLB MVP Alex Rodriguez are making a huge impact in one East Tennessee community.
Jennifer Lopez announced on her Instagram Wednesday that she and her husband, former baseball star Alex Rodriguez, have donated one year’s worth of food to Jacksboro Elementary School after a Jacksboro first-grade teacher’s viral Facebook post about the faculty buying students food to take home.
In a post on Instagram, Lopez and Rodriguez are seen face-timing with Jacksboro teacher Brooke Goins, who made the viral social media post, saying they were both moved to tears by the teachers.
The two recently launched frozen meal company, Tiller & Hatch, and decided to send one year’s worth of prepared meals to the school’s food pantry, saying that no child should ever have to go to sleep hungry.
- NFL Conference Championship betting tips: Bet now or bet later?
- Firefighters put out house fire in Jefferson County’s Sylvan Springs
- Cowboys for Trump leader arrested over US Capitol riot
- Virus, homicides, drugs put strains on funeral homes
- After allergic reactions at 1 clinic, California pauses use of large batch of Moderna COVID-19 vaccine