(WIAT) — As Hurricane Laura approaches landfall along states in the Gulf of Mexico, the National Hurricane Center has called the storm “unsurvivable.”
The hurricane has been upgraded to a Category 4 storm overnight. It is expected to hit parts of Louisiana and Texas Wednesday night into Thursday morning.
CBS 42 has exclusive access to cameras along the storm’s path, thanks to hurricane hunter Mark Sudduth via HurricaneTrack.com.
These views from across the Gulf Coast are part of Nexstar’s Hurricane Laura coverage and the storms coming out of the Tropics this hurricane season.
- Alabama sheriff’s Christmas tree ‘thugshots’ rub some the wrong way
- Scene from ‘Elf’ comes to life as Buddy meets dad in Boston
- Lawmakers push bill to allow further private and public donations for border crossings
- Federal student loans payments and interest pause to continue into 2021
- Escaped inmate ‘considered dangerous,’ sought by Bessemer police