PHILADELPHIA (WIAT) — Philadelphia authorities say a FedEx driver shot and killed someone during a would-be robbery Tuesday night.
It happened in the city’s Lawndale neighborhood just after 7 p.m.
The driver told police that he’d just dropped off a package when he encountered the armed robber.
The suspect shot the driver in the abdomen then the driver said he pulled out his own gun and fired multiple times.
The robbery suspect died at the hospital.
The driver is in stable condition.
Police are investigating to determine whether the FedEx driver acted in self-defense.
- Homicide investigation underway in west Birmingham
- FDA authorizes first at-home COVID-19 and flu combination test
- Homeland Security investigating scams related to new COVID-19 vaccines
- ‘Believe in miracles’: Kansas 21-year-old survives cardiac arrest, being taken off life support
- Christmas and COVID: Therapist on how to manage holiday stress and decisions amid the pandemic