FALKVILLE, Ala. – Multiple crews were called to a fire in Morgan County Sunday morning.
According to Morgan County Sheriff’s Office spokesman Mike Swafford, crews were on the scene around 6:30 a.m. after multiple calls about a fire in the 1900 block of Highway 55 East.
The Sheriff’s Office stated the fire marshal has been called to investigate.
Morgan County Coroner Jeff Chunn has confirmed three people were killed – a 44-year-old and his two daughters, ages 3 and 7.
Swafford said the mother escaped the house before crews got to the scene.
Swafford said the Morgan County Coroner, Morgan County District Attorney’s Office, Morgan County Sheriff’s Office, and multiple local fire departments were called.
- After Floyd’s death, black lawmakers call for federal antilynching law
- 2 men, 1 of them naked, arrested after being caught in a home with two juveniles
- Elderly woman killed in Oxford house fire, 2 others injured
- Dems scrap vote on FISA bill after Trump threatens veto
- Local man uses superhero characters to spread joy