HAWAII (CNN NEWSOURCE) — A family in Hawaii has grown the world’s heaviest avocado, earning them a spot in the Guinness Book of World Records.
The Pokini family grew an avocado weighing in at 5.6 pounds. Juliane Pokini said she got the seed from a relative’s tree on Oahu. She said it took about 10 months for the avocado to get so big. As far as upkeep, they didn’t do much except keep it trimmed.
Pokini said they used the avocado for guacamole, enough to serve about 20 people.
- Etowah County works to reduce COVID-19 cases
- Cal-Maine Foods, Inc. donates nearly 300,000 eggs to Alabama food banks
- $218K in death of worker hit by wood in jammed machine
- Teens discover bodies stuffed in bags while filming TikTok videos
- Lawmakers work to extend unemployment benefits set to expire in July