TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – AAA is offering a free service to members and non-members who are too impaired to drive on Sunday.
“Tow to Go” is a program being offered by AAA that ensures people have no defense for driving drunk. Drivers can call “Tow to Go” and have a free ride for their car and themselves.
“The Super Bowl often means good times with friends and family, yet unfortunately people make the bad call of driving drunk,” Mark Jenkins, a spokesman for AAA, said. “Instead of getting behind the wheel while impaired, call Tow to Go, drivers can call Tow to Go for a safe ride for them and their vehicle.”
According to data from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, an average of one-alcoholic-impaired-driving death occurred every 50 minutes in 2018. A total of 10,511 people were killed in alcohol-related crashes.
“Tow to Go” is available Friday, Jan. 31, through 6 a.m. Monday morning, Feb. 3, in the following states: Florida, Georgia, Iowa, Michigan, North Dakota, Nebraska, Tennessee, Wisconsin, and Indiana.
Drivers can call (855) 2-TOW-2-GO or (855) 286-9246.
- Big Game Bound Week 4: Titans vs. Steelers postponed
- ‘Not all wounds are visible’: Dog helps veteran cope with PTSD
- Search underway for missing 85-year-old woman in Birmingham area
- Vestavia Hills doctor sentenced to 30 years in prison for producing, possessing child pornography
- 2 former Selma law enforcement officers indicted on use of excessive force charges