MEMPHIS, Tenn. (AP) — A state Democratic Party spokeswoman says a judge has ruled that all Tennessee polls must extend Super Tuesday hours in the wake of tornado destruction.
The Tennessee Democratic Party had sued the Davidson County elections commission and Tennessee Secretary of State Tre Hargett’s office to extend voting hours in the tornado-stricken county.
The suit sought to extend polling hours from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m. CT.
Officials have confirmed that 25 have died in the storms that struck Tennessee early Tuesday morning.
- Lone grocery store in Blount County town to reopen after 2020 fire
- Zero-carbon by 2050? New Energy Secretary’s clean energy goal worries oil and gas industry advocates
- SpaceX Starship SN10 explodes after nailing landing
- US declined to prosecute Trump transport chief after inspector general review
- SUV in California crash where 13 died came through hole in border fence