GEORGIA (WFLA) — A convicted rapist is on the run after being released from prison by mistake.
Tony Maycon Munoz-Mendez was released on accident from Rogers State Prison in Reidsville Oct. 25 around 11:30 a.m.
Munoz-Mendez was serving time after being convicted of rape and aggravated child molestation charges in Gwinnett County.
He began serving a life sentence in April 2015.
Anyone who sees Munoz-Mendez is urged not to approach him, but instead call 911 immediately.
- Calls for Anniston Municipal Court reform
- 1 injured, 3 in custody in officer-involved shooting on northside
- Trump one-on-one: ‘You have to believe what you hear’ at impeachment inquiry
- City of Bessemer remembering 3 well-known icons
- Homewood community still holding out hope for Aniah Blanchard’s return after suspect appears in court