ANAHEIM, Calif. (WFLA) – Disneyland Resort in California says it is closing for the rest of March as coronavirus concerns grow around the globe.
Disney Parks News tweeted a statement Thursday evening saying Disneyland Park and Disney California Adventure will close beginning the morning of Saturday, March 14 through the end of the month.
Disneyland Resort hotels will stay open through Monday, March 16 so guests can make travel arrangements.
Downtown Disney will remain open.
“We will monitor the ongoing situation and follow the advice and guidance of federal and state officials and health agencies,” the statement said. “Disney will continue to pay cast members during this time.”
Walt Disney World in Florida has not yet said anything about its plans amid the coronavirus outbreak.
- ‘Taco Tuesday’ Taco Bell plans to feed America this Tuesday
- How salon owners are coping with little to no business
- Police investigating Sunday homicide in west Birmingham
- John Prine in critical condition with COVID-19 symptoms
- ‘Favorite birthday ever!’ Man surprises wife with huge virtual party, song for birthday