FORT RUCKER, Ala. (WDHN) — Fort Rucker has identified the soldier that was found dead around Clayhatchee Sunday morning.
The soldier was Chief Warrant Officer 2 David Faris, 35, assigned to the 110th Aviation Brigade. Faris was a native of Orangeburg, South Carolina and served in the Army since 2005.
“Fort Rucker officials are deeply saddened by the loss of this Soldier,” a release from the post states. “Our thoughts and prayers go out to the family.”
Army CID and local police are still investigating what led to Faris’ death.
- 2 Pickens County law enforcement officers save infant who was found not breathing
- Chiefs’ Chad Henne goes from backup QB to playoff stage
- Student loan debt relief: Biden tells Education Department to pause payments until October
- Man accused of crushing officer with door during Capitol riot is arrested
- Biden rescinds Trump’s emergency declaration on border security, halts border wall construction