FORT RUCKER, Ala. (WDHN) — Fort Rucker has identified the soldier that was found dead around Clayhatchee Sunday morning.
The soldier was Chief Warrant Officer 2 David Faris, 35, assigned to the 110th Aviation Brigade. Faris was a native of Orangeburg, South Carolina and served in the Army since 2005.
“Fort Rucker officials are deeply saddened by the loss of this Soldier,” a release from the post states. “Our thoughts and prayers go out to the family.”
Army CID and local police are still investigating what led to Faris’ death.
- Scott, Graham meet with SCOTUS nominee on Capitol Hill
- 500,000 sharks might have to die to fight COVID-19, advocacy group says
- Who won the Trump-Biden debate? 6 moments that defined the night
- Fact check: A look at claims from Trump and Biden’s first debate
- ‘Would you shut up, man?’: Trump, Biden interrupt each other during chaotic debate