(WKRG) — Whether due to boredom or despair, people have been drinking more since the COVID-19 pandemic began. A study by TOP Data found that alcohol consumption across the country has gone up by 19%. Additionally, there has been a 41% increase in instances of women drinking four drinks or more a day.
That same study looked at the most purchased beers by state during the pandemic. In Alabama, the most popular beers are:
- Pabst Blue Ribbon
- Coors Light
- Dos Equis
Budweiser reigns supreme as America’s king of beers, coming top in 23 states.
- Central AL Forecast: Staying warm today, but plenty of rain and storms arrive tonight
- Pell City’s ban on Tianeptine inspiring other communities
- Report: Les Miles reached settlement with student over harassment allegations at LSU
- New coronavirus variant identified in New York
- Bats, birds found dead in wake of deep Southern freeze