NEW YORK (AP) — Police say a 10-year-old girl was struck and killed by a school bus in Brooklyn.
A police spokesman says the girl, Patience Albert, was crossing a street in the East New York neighborhood around 6:45 a.m. when she was hit by a bus as it was turning right.
The child was taken to Brookdale Hospital, where she was pronounced dead. Police say the bus driver has been arrested on charges of failure to yield to a pedestrian and failure to exercise due care.
- Vanessa Bryant on 1-year anniversary of Kobe and Gianna’s deaths: ‘I will never understand’
- Northport man arrested for sharing child pornography
- Dr. Fauci is highest-paid federal employee, report says
- KC-area health care workers hoping to score Super Bowl tickets from NFL to cheer on Chiefs
- Jacksonville State University renames Bibb Graves Hall