NEW YORK (AP) — Police say a 10-year-old girl was struck and killed by a school bus in Brooklyn.
A police spokesman says the girl, Patience Albert, was crossing a street in the East New York neighborhood around 6:45 a.m. when she was hit by a bus as it was turning right.
The child was taken to Brookdale Hospital, where she was pronounced dead. Police say the bus driver has been arrested on charges of failure to yield to a pedestrian and failure to exercise due care.
- BREAKING: State Rep. Dexter Grimsley loses sister to COVID-19
- Local churches are helping Christians partake in communion from home
- Exclusive Poll: When it comes to virus response, New York prefers Cuomo over Trump
- Blood donations needed for next several months
- City of Columbiana refilling residents’ hand sanitizer bottles