ATLANTA (WIAT) — The Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport is investigating a ceiling collapse that injured one person. In a couple of tweets, the airport announced the incident happened just before 8 a.m. (7 .am. CST) in a Concourse A restaurant.
According to the airport, emergency crews responded and assessed one customer who requested emergency assistance.
At this time the restaurant is closed and crews are repairing the damage.
The cause of the partial ceiling collapse is under investigation.
- Alabama prisoner dying from untreated stage four cancer, family speaks out
- Law enforcement, task force fighting against human trafficking
- Birmingham Civil Rights Institute facing financial issues
- Alabama gun rights group at odds with NRA over proposed bill
- Police: Alabama man dies in motorcycle crash during chase