SAN FRANCISCO, Calif. (KRON) — House Speaker Nancy Pelosi briefly addressed her hair controversy that developed after she got her hair done inside a San Francisco salon — before the city allowed salons to operate indoors.
Pelosi said the hair salon, that she says she’s been going to for years, set her up. She added that the salon owes her an apology.
Surveillance video that circulated online showed Pelosi inside the “E” Salon Monday on Union Street.
KRON has learned the video shows Pelosi with wet hair inside the salon, not wearing a mask.
“I take responsibility for trusting the word of a neighborhood salon that I’ve been to over the years many times,” she said Wednesday while addressing reporters in the city. “When they said they were able to accommodate people one person at a time, I trusted that.”
“As it turns out – it was a setup,” she added. “So I take responsibility for falling for a setup.”
Tuesday was the first day salons and barbershops were allowed to reopen for outdoor services.
The speaker didn’t further address the matter.
KRON hasn’t heard back from the owner of the salon who allowed Pelosi inside for a hair appointment.
Latest News Headlines:
- Due to new court ruling, some absentee ballots across Alabama could be thrown out
- WATCH: Birmingham announces free service to assist residents with financial issues from COVID-19 pandemic
- Florida man received $1.9 million in coronavirus relief funds, used money to buy Mercedes, prosecutors say
- Aunt mourns 14-year-old boy with Asperger’s beaten to death in Tennessee home
- Alabama Senate candidates talk policy, opponents in exclusive raw interviews