WALTON COUNTY, Fla. (WJW) — A missing 3-year-old boy with autism – wearing only a diaper – was found a mile from his home accompanied by his family’s two dogs this week.
WJHG reports that several law enforcement agencies, along with family and neighbors, searched for several hours.
In a Facebook post, the Walton County Sheriff’s Office stated:
“The child was last seen wearing only a diaper. There was approximately an hour time gap between when the child was last seen and when our agency was called.
Walton Correctional Institution has been asked to bring their K9 Teams to assist.”
WJHG reports a neighbor finally found the little boy safe.
The sheriff’s office posted: “A safe return home. The dog(sic) was found still with the child. ♥️ Scene cleared.”
WJHG reports the boy’s family said he was found with their two dogs, Buckwheat and Nala, still in his diaper. He was not injured.
For more from WJHG, click here.
- Employee at Alabama Veteran’s Home says ‘hero pay’ to workers stopped
- Virginia rocket launch may be visible for most of East Coast and as far west as Ohio
- President Trump now says he supports DACA, wants to make it law
- Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg hospitalized for possible infection
- JeffCo. detectives need assistance identifying suspect in CVS attempted robbery