ORIENTAL N.C. (WNCT) – People say dogs are a man’s best friend.
That is proving to be especially true for a Pamlico County man.
Rudy Armstrong spends most of his time with his chihuahua Bu-Bu on his boat in Oriental.
One morning Armstrong felt sick, and told Bu-Bu to get help.
The dog ran out the door, and five minutes later came back with the dock master, who called 911.
Armstrong was taken to CarolinaEast Medical Center, where doctors determined he was suffering a stroke.
Armstrong says he can’t wait to be back with his life-saving Bu-Bu.
“I’m excited about getting to see her. I mean she sleeps with me, when I go someplace in the car she goes with me, and all that. You know I mean we do everything together”, he explains.
Armstrong is still in the hospital, but says he’s recovering nicely.
- Burger King manager arrested for stealing money, setting fire to restaurant
- Gadsden man arrested after more than 600 photos, videos of child pornography found
- Alabama AG: Former Barbour County Sheriff arrested for violating state ethics laws
- Man charged with rape after 13-year-old girl taken from Nashville Walmart
- Gun and ammo shortage looms as hunting season approaches