NEWARK, NJ (AP) — An Alabama man who allegedly had a gun in his luggage at Newark Liberty International Airport is now facing a weapons charge.
Transportation Security Administration officials say agents spotted a .22-caliber handgun in the man’s carry-on bag as it went through a screening machine Wednesday in Terminal B. The man’s name has not been disclosed.
The incident marks the first gun arrest at the airport this year.
- Congressman’s bill would provide funding to help former inmates re-enter society successfully
- 1 in custody after an ‘active shooter situation’ at a Colorado Walmart
- LIVE UPDATE: Ryan Newman ‘awake and speaking’ in hospital after horrific Daytona 500 crash
- BPD: Man stabbed during robbery, suspect not in custody
- Oak Mountain Eagles are going to the Final Four of AHSAA for first time in school history