NEWARK, NJ (AP) — An Alabama man who allegedly had a gun in his luggage at Newark Liberty International Airport is now facing a weapons charge.
Transportation Security Administration officials say agents spotted a .22-caliber handgun in the man’s carry-on bag as it went through a screening machine Wednesday in Terminal B. The man’s name has not been disclosed.
The incident marks the first gun arrest at the airport this year.
- Coronavirus: ALEA crews take extra precautions rescuing injured hiker
- Brighton firefighter recovering from presumed COVID-19 case after wife tested positive
- Lincoln High School senior athlete and student banners hung around city
- COVID-19 forcing multiple Northport stores to close
- Senator sells stocks while ethics group calls for investigation