NEWARK, NJ (AP) — An Alabama man who allegedly had a gun in his luggage at Newark Liberty International Airport is now facing a weapons charge.
Transportation Security Administration officials say agents spotted a .22-caliber handgun in the man’s carry-on bag as it went through a screening machine Wednesday in Terminal B. The man’s name has not been disclosed.
The incident marks the first gun arrest at the airport this year.
- 14-year-old identified as victim killed in Fultondale storm
- Vanessa Bryant on 1-year anniversary of Kobe and Gianna’s deaths: ‘I will never understand’
- Northport man arrested for sharing child pornography
- Dr. Fauci is highest-paid federal employee, report says
- KC-area health care workers hoping to score Super Bowl tickets from NFL to cheer on Chiefs