MALVERN, Ala. (WDHN) —A Rehobeth man found naked inside a Malvern home has bonded out of the Geneva County Jail.
Last week, Geneva County Sheriff Tony Helms said James Dowling was found naked by an eight-year-old girl inside her family home’s laundry room.
He’s charged with breaking into a home and theft of property for taking a robe.
Residents of the home kept him at gunpoint until deputies arrived.
Investigators aren’t sure why Dowling took off his clothes before entering the house.
He does have a history of criminal arrests but nothing violent or sexually related.
Dowling is now back on the streets after posting a $1,600 bond.
- With most turkey trots canceled, here’s a free Thanksgiving morning workout
- Second stimulus checks: Economists urge new round of $1,200 payments to Americans
- Newsfeed Now: Thanksgiving Travel; A Christmas Story comes to Oklahoma
- Mother welcomes son just in time for the holidays after surviving tragic explosion
- Safe Passage Program underway in Birmingham