BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — The Make-A-Wish Foundation is an organization that spreads hope and cheer to children with serious illnesses.
However, like many organizations that have been slowed down due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Make-A-Wish Alabama has had to readjust how it does things. Despite this, they are still working to reach children.
On Friday, Make-A-Wish Alabama CEO Tracy Smith spoke with CBS 42’s Art Franklin about what the group is doing to keep reaching children despite the virus and what the community can do to help out.
- Alabama leaders respond to the murder of George Floyd, Mayor Woodfin requests flag be lowered in his memory
- Georgia teen pens 300 letters urging elected officials to protect prisoners from coronavirus
- Trump meets with CEOs to discuss how to safely reopen economy
- After Floyd’s death, black lawmakers call for federal antilynching law
- 2 men, 1 of them naked, arrested after being caught in a home with two juveniles