BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (AP) — Levi Lewis threw for two touchdowns, Chris Smith returned a kickoff 100 yards and Louisiana-Lafayette used two fourth-quarter interceptions to beat UAB 24-20, snapping the Blazers’ 21-game home winning streak.
ULL trailed the first three quarters before Pearse Migl caught his first pass of the season, going for a 9-yard touchdown, to give the Ragin’ Cajuns a 24-20 lead with 6:35 left.
On UAB’s next possession, Cameron Solomon intercepted Bryson Lucero’s deep pass.
Elijah Mitchell rushed for 67 yards for ULL. Lucero was 10-of-23 passing for 110 yards with two interceptions.
UAB had not lost at Legion Field since 2017.
- Ohio college student ‘donating organs’ after alleged hazing incident, fraternity suspended
- Report: Popular flea & tick collar tied to 1,700 pet deaths, EPA received more than 75,000 complaints
- No. 8 Alabama recovers from slow start to beat Georgia 89-79
- No injuries reported after fire breaks out at Fairfield transmission shop
- Family dispute leaves one dead in Dora shooting