BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (AP) — Levi Lewis threw for two touchdowns, Chris Smith returned a kickoff 100 yards and Louisiana-Lafayette used two fourth-quarter interceptions to beat UAB 24-20, snapping the Blazers’ 21-game home winning streak.
ULL trailed the first three quarters before Pearse Migl caught his first pass of the season, going for a 9-yard touchdown, to give the Ragin’ Cajuns a 24-20 lead with 6:35 left.
On UAB’s next possession, Cameron Solomon intercepted Bryson Lucero’s deep pass.
Elijah Mitchell rushed for 67 yards for ULL. Lucero was 10-of-23 passing for 110 yards with two interceptions.
UAB had not lost at Legion Field since 2017.
- ‘Buckle down,’ Jeffco health officer pleads as holiday events continue
- Police: 1 dead in argument-fueled shooting in west Birmingham
- FDA authorizes first at-home COVID-19 and flu combination test
- Homeland Security investigating scams related to new COVID-19 vaccines
- ‘Believe in miracles’: Kansas 21-year-old survives cardiac arrest, being taken off life support