LIDELL, La. (WDAF) — A Louisiana driver recently pulled over must have had a busy few decades–so busy that they forgot to renew their license plates for more than 20 years.
“We can’t make this stuff up!” the department captioned a photo of the expired plate. “…At least give us a good challenge.”
The tag license plate expired in 1997.
The driver reportedly told police, “Sorry, officer. I’ve been busy lately and totally forgot to renew my vehicle registration. I will take care of it as soon as I get home!”
- Man in stolen SUV arrested after crashing into woman in stolen car, police say
- WATCH LIVE: Vigil to be held for 8-year-old Royta Giles Jr. in Bessemer
- JeffCo. Schools building sneeze guards for schools’ front offices
- Off-duty TPD officer in ‘critical condition’ following motorcycle crash
- Sec. of State sets aside $2.2M of CARES Act to assist counties with election day prep