BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — The Birmingham Police Department tells CBS 42 that remains were found Thursday morning at 11:40 a.m. at 5201 Messer Airport Highway.
According to Sgt. Johnny Williams of the Birmingham Police Department, some men were working in the area when they came across bones.
The Jefferson County Coroner is at the scene of the discovery to gather more information. The identity of the deceased has not been released at this time.
This is a developing story. Check back for updates.
- Commission to mute microphones in next presidential debate
- Trial of stepmother accused of killing stepdaughter begins today
- Walmart’s ad scans released ahead of Black Friday events
- Listen: President Trump calls Fauci a ‘disaster’ and seeks to reassure his team he can win
- Need a break from the pandemic? There’s a snow park coming to Florida