BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — The Woodlawn High School and Homewood High School football game has been canceled due to COVID-19 concerns.
In a statement from Birmingham City Schools Superintendent Mark Sullivan, the game has been canceled after a “member of the Woodlawn team was exposed” to the virus.
No other information has been released at this time.
- Missing Birmingham 10-year-old found safe
- Louisiana parent calling for action after daughter’s English teacher reads ‘n-word’ out loud
- 2 Alabama men reported missing in California, murder investigation underway
- Provision requiring women to register for draft stripped from defense bill
- Amid tensions over protest tactics, Birmingham City Council extends ICE agreement