NORTHPORT, Ala. (WIAT) — A woman is recovering from a stab wound and a suspect is in custody after a family dispute turned violent.
Around 1 p.m. on December 28, Tuscaloosa County Sheriff’s Office deputies responded to the 5100 block of Clay Lane in Northport on a stabbing.
Once deputies arrived they found a 25-year-old woman with a stab wound to the face. She was transported to DCH medical center in Tuscaloosa for treatment to a non-life threatening injury, authorities report.
The victim told deputies she had been in an argument with a relative over cigarettes when the suspect pulled a pair of scissors and stabbed her.
Not long after deputies found the suspect. Tennis Simpson, 35, was charged with second-degree assault and placed in the Tuscaloosa County Jail on a $15,000 bond.
- Gadsden woman arrested for using cocaine, other drugs while pregnant
- From muted mics to topics chosen, here’s what you need to know about the final Trump-Biden debate
- Mortimer Jordan forfeits game against Gardendale due to COVID-19
- CDC offers guidelines to follow this Halloween
- Man who suspended himself from Trump Tower in Chicago escapes private ambulance: police