DOCENA, Ala. (WIAT) — A woman was shot while driving through a neighborhood early Sunday morning.
Deputies received a call of shots fired on 7th Street in the Docena community on Sunday at 2:30 a.m. When deputies arrived at the scene, they found a 20-year-old woman suffering from a gunshot wound.
The woman said she was driving when someone shot at her from another vehicle.
Deputies provided medical assistance until paramedics arrived. The woman was transported to a local hospital with serious injuries.
Sheriff’s detectives are investigating this shooting. They are asking that if anyone has additional information, please call the Jefferson County Sheriff’s Office at 205-325-1450.
- UPDATE: 4 injured during shooting at football game at Ladd-Peebles Stadium
- Alabama high school football scores for Oct. 14, Oct. 15
- 17-year-old shot in Birmingham’s Inglenook neighborhood
- Accident on Highway 79 north of Pinson shuts down both lanes, 1 person airlifted
- ‘Senseless tragedy’: Tuscaloosa 13-year-old shot, killed in community off Fosters Ferry Road