PINSON, Ala. (WIAT) — The Jefferson County Sheriff’s Office has arrested a woman after she told deputies she shot her husband in the back Friday morning.
According to JCSO, 41-year-old Tabitha Hannon Dickey called deputies to report what she had done. Once authorities arrived on the scene, the husband was no longer there. He was later found at a nearby family member’s house.
The husband’s injuries do not appear to be life-threatening, according to JCSO. The cause of the shooting has not been determined at this time.
Dickey has been charged with domestic violence/attempted murder. She is now being held at the Jefferson County Jail on a $30,000 bond.
- Birmingham Legion FC Raises $8,800 For Civil Rights Institute
- Sports bars brace for possible losses if 2020 football season is canceled
- Back to school: Lawmakers debate safest options for students, teachers as schools prepare to reopen
- Hotel owners concerned about football season in Tuscaloosa
- 100 arrested after night of looting in downtown Chicago; 13 police injured