TRAFFORD, Ala. (WIAT) — Happening Saturday, people will have a chance to help the children of another fallen Alabama police officer.
There will be a benefit singing for the children of Kimberly police officer Nick O’Rear, who was killed in the line of duty back in February following a pursuit with a suspect. O’Rear left behind two children and another who was on the way as of February.
The benefit will be held at 6 p.m. at Oasis of Hope Ministries on Warrior Trafford Road in Trafford. A love offering will be collected for O’Rear’s children.
This story has been corrected to show that O’Rear was not married.
- Trussville PD arrests woman in connection to stolen rental car
- Sessions steps up attacks on Tuberville ahead of runoff
- Georgia Jimmy John’s workers fired for making noose out of bread dough
- Face-covering ordinances in Alabama: Where they are required and for how long
- Lawmakers urge studies on how trauma, post-traumatic stress impacts police officers’ use of force