TRAFFORD, Ala. (WIAT) — Happening Saturday, people will have a chance to help the children of another fallen Alabama police officer.
There will be a benefit singing for the children of Kimberly police officer Nick O’Rear, who was killed in the line of duty back in February following a pursuit with a suspect. O’Rear left behind two children and another who was on the way as of February.
The benefit will be held at 6 p.m. at Oasis of Hope Ministries on Warrior Trafford Road in Trafford. A love offering will be collected for O’Rear’s children.
This story has been corrected to show that O’Rear was not married.
- Parents of autistic children push for reduced penalty for assaulting police
- New York town of Swastika chooses to keep its name
- Photographer on a quest to capture all of Birmingham’s murals
- How can I tell the difference between the flu and COVID-19?
- Protesters leave casket full of dirt, cow manure at North Carolina police station