JEFFERSON COUNTY, Ala. (WIAT) — Neighborhoods in Forestdale and surrounding areas may be experiencing low to no water pressure due to a water main break, according to the Birmingham Water Works Board.
Due to a damaged 16-inch water main near the intersection of Highway 78 and Tomahawk Road, a significant number of residents in the Forestdale, Adamsville, Graysville, Brookside, and West Jefferson areas may experience low to no water pressure. The Birmingham Water Works Board believes it will take four to six hours as crews work to fix the break.
- WATCH: Ellen DeGeneres makes on-air apology, vows a ‘new chapter’
- Bank shares tumble after reports of rampant money laundering
- Alabama Archives faces its legacy as Confederate ‘attic’
- Newsfeed Now: Tracking Beta; Battle over SCOTUS vacancy heats up
- SUV driver leaves crash scene, gets into second crash and dies, police say