WALKER COUNTY, Ala. (WIAT) — An effort to teach young girls about careers in law enforcement. This comes after one young lady visited the Walker County Sheriff’s office and expressed an interest in seeing more women in the field.
The sheriff’s office will hold a day dedicated to educating girls on how a crime scene works, and allow them to have a hands-on activity with a mock crime scene. Children must be accompanied by an adult. It’s open to girls between ages seven – 12. It’s on Second Avenue in Jasper. It will be August 7th. Hours are 9 a.m. until noon. To sign up, call the Walker County Sheriff’s Office at (205) 302-6464.
- The Fastest-Selling New and Used Cars in June
- Returning to the workplace? How to navigate the anxiety-inducing transition
- ‘Out of my body’: Osaka sharp in debut at Tokyo Olympics
- Too much coffee can cause your brain to shrink, raise risk of dementia by 53 percent, study finds
- Pictures made for social media come to life at the Trick Art Museum