BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — The baseball fields at Wald Park in Vestavia Hills will not be ready in time for the Spring baseball season, according to a Facebook post from the City of Vestavia Hills.
The post says the discovery of dangerous unsecured power lines buried under the fields led to the delay.
They say other field spaces will be used across the city
City officials were able to get a look at the work being done on the park on Friday.
They say other field spaces will be used across the city including the Pizitz and Dolly Ridge campuses, as well as space at Hoover East.
- Melania Trump statue set on fire near her Slovenian hometown
- St. Clair County Jail temporarily closing due to assessment
- Newsfeed Now: “Glee” star goes missing; Remembering Charlie Daniels
- Alabama COVID-19 hospitalizations rise by 400 over 2 weeks
- Supreme Court says Manhattan district attorney can get Trump tax records