BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — The baseball fields at Wald Park in Vestavia Hills will not be ready in time for the Spring baseball season, according to a Facebook post from the City of Vestavia Hills.
The post says the discovery of dangerous unsecured power lines buried under the fields led to the delay.
They say other field spaces will be used across the city
City officials were able to get a look at the work being done on the park on Friday.
They say other field spaces will be used across the city including the Pizitz and Dolly Ridge campuses, as well as space at Hoover East.
- Aggressive squirrels terrorize Florida family in their condo
- Shanahan: ‘No injuries to report’ ahead of 49ers NFC Championship game
- New exhibit at Vulcan Park honors women’s suffrage movement
- Bessemer police investigate Friday night shooting
- Gov. Kay Ivey on list of 10 most popular governors in the country