BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — While the coronavirus outbreak has made life bleak for many Birminghamians, Vulcan Park and Museum is trying to be a glimmer of hope. Literally!
Starting tonight at dusk, the pedestal will stay dark while the Vulcan statue will be lit up white as a “message of hope.”
“Vulcan stands a constant reminder of who we were, who we are and who we will be,” Vulcan CEO Darlene Negrotto said. “The stories of members in our community helping each other in wake of this adversity can serve as an inspiration for us all. It is our hope that the lighting of Vulcan will inspire others to join us in the spirit of community.”
The lighting will occur nightly until further notice so try your best to get a look at the Birmingham landmark, and now, a sign of hope.
- Photographer rises to occasion at spectator-less Olympics in Tokyo
- Simone Biles makes mental health the talk of the Tokyo Games
- MSDH orders hospitals to delay elective procedures due to increase in COVID-19 cases
- Georgia trucker faces prison for smuggling 117 migrants near Texas border
- With NBA Finals over, US trio turns focus to Olympic gold