NEW YORK, N.Y. (WIAT) — This is a time-lapse video of a snow squall blanketing Manhattan in New York City Wednesday.
Frigid weather and a wintry mix made for a hectic weather day across the Northeast.
It caused dangerous road conditions which lead to several crashes.
What is a snow squall? The National Weather Service described it as an “intense, short-lived burst of heavy snowfall that leads to a quick reduction in visibilities and is often accompanied by gusty winds.”
The impact of these sudden dustings can lead to slick conditions on the roadway and reduction in visibilities.
- 5-year-old musician going viral on social media
- Central AL Forecast: Cool Nights, Pleasant Afternoons
- CDC study shows pregnant women are at greater risk for COVID-19
- One of last living Birmingham Black Barons looking for lost suitcase in Fultondale
- Football coach Les Miles placed on leave amid misconduct allegations at LSU