HOOVER, Ala. (WIAT) — UPDATE (3/27): The Hoover Police Department says a suspect who robbed a woman at gunpoint at the Riverchase Galleria earlier this month has turned hismelf in.
Aiko Nahsima Deonte Mills, 22, has been charged with first-degree robbery and is currently being held at the Jefferson County Jail on a $30,000 bond.
ORIGINAL (3/15): Hoover Police officers are searching for a suspect who pointed a handgun at a person sitting in their car and demanded items before taking off.
Friday afternoon at 3:20 P.M., Hoover Police responded to the third level of the North parking deck at the Riverchase Galleria on a report of a robbery.
The victim reported she was sitting in her vehicle when an unknown man approached the driver’s window. The suspect broke the glass, she stated, which caused her to sustain some superficial cuts to her arm and face. The suspect pointed a handgun at the victim and demanded her phone and wallet, police report.
He then ran to an awaiting vehicle and fled the scene. The victim was treated and released on scene by Hoover Fire-medics.
At this time, there are no suspects in custody. The Hoover Police Department continues to investigate the case.
- NYPD vehicle drives into crowd during George Floyd protest; Mayor speaks out
- Central AL Forecast: Basking in the Sun for the Upcoming Week
- Protests heat up across US, governors call in National Guard
- WATCH LIVE: Crowds gather at National Civil Rights Museum for protest
- Live video: More cars burn following protests in downtown Cleveland