TUSCALOOSA, Ala. (WIAT) — The victim of a fatal crash that happened on University Boulevard East in Tuscaloosa Thursday night has been identified as Larson Chermax “L.C.” McDavid, 37, of Tuscaloosa.
According to a press release from the Tuscaloosa Police Department, McDavid was traveling east on University Boulevard in a 2017 Ford F-150 work truck when he suddenly veered across the center line and two lanes of oncoming westbound traffic before crashing into a concrete utility pole next to Alberta Baptist Church. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
Investigators believe McDavid may have suffered from a medical condition that caused him to lose control of the truck he was driving.
The crash is being investigated.
- 5 things you didn’t know about Super Bowl betting
- Government boosting vaccine deliveries amid complaints of shortages
- UAB State of the school address to be delivered
- Indonesian volcano unleashes river of lava in new eruption
- CDC study finds low virus transmission in schools taking proper precautions