BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — The Birmingham Police Department has identified the victim involved in a deadly shooting that resulted after an argument last week.
According to BPD, 27-year-old Robert Ezell Smith was found lying on the ground near 47th Street and 9th Terrace North just after 1:30 p.m. Friday. He was taken to UAB Hospital where he was pronounced dead.
Following a preliminary investigation, it was determined that Smith was involved in an “exchange of words” with the suspect before the shooting took place, BPD said. The suspect eventually turned himself in.
No other information has been released at this time. The is still an ongoing investigation.
- Etowah County neighbors push back against proposed animal rendering plant
- GSA recognizes president-elect Biden, clearing way for formal transition
- White House kicks off holiday season welcoming official tree
- ‘Jeopardy!’ to resume production Nov. 30 with Ken Jennings as first in ‘series of interim guest hosts’
- Lawmakers debate necessity of a mask mandate in Congress