BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — Update (7/27): Arrest made in Birmingham man’s shooting death
Original: The Birmingham Police Department has identified the victim in a deadly shooting Thursday afternoon.
According to BPD, officers were dispatched to the 8200 block of 4th Avenue N on a call of a person shot. Once on the scene, authorities discovered a man suffering from a gunshot wound lying in the roadway. He was pronounced dead on the scene.
The man was later identified as 49-year-old Tommy Brown of Birmingham. After an initial investigation, BPD says there may have been an altercation between Brown and a suspect prior to the shooting.
No suspects are in custody at this time. If you have any information on this case, contact BPD at 205-254-1764 or CrimeStoppers at 205-254-7777.
- Health Officer fears risks of COVID spread at upcoming parties, gatherings
- Treasury Secretary Mnuchin, Fed Chair Powell testify on COVID-19 relief needs
- President Trump vows defense bill veto unless internet liability shield scrapped
- Health care workers go on strike, demand protection against virus
- Hospitals dealing with nationwide shortage of nurses