BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (AP) — The University of Alabama at Birmingham said it will open a clinic meant to help COVID-19 patients who recover from the illness caused by the new coronavirus yet still need care.
While many patients make a complete recovery, doctors have discovered long-term, chronic health conditions arise after some leave the hospital. Those include cardiac problems, respiratory issues and neurological difficulties.
Located in downtown Birmingham, the UAB clinic will also see those with PTSD, anxiety and depression once it opens in November.
- Suspect arrested in connection to East Jefferson County shooting death
- Fox stands behind Tucker Carlson after Anti-Defamation League urges his firing
- US recommends pause on Johnson & Johnson vaccine use over blood clots
- Suspect taken into custody after police chase ends in Trafford
- Police officer killed in Capitol car attack will lie in honor Tuesday