TUSCALOOSA, Ala. (WIAT) –Two men were arrested after the West Alabama Human Trafficking Task Force conducted an undercover operation on the 3600 Block E. Mcfarland Blvd. on July 24.
As a result of the operation, several victims were rescued and have been transported to a safe location for treatment and services. The task force also found probable cause to arrest Demetris Wright, 26, and Isaiah Williams, 25.
Both men were charged with unlawful possession of a controlled substance and felony promoting prostitution. Wright’s bond is set at a total of $20,000 and Williams’ bond is set at a total of $30,000.
The investigation is ongoing, and more charges are expected to be filed.
The task force says the I-20/59 Corridor, continues to be a travel route for those engaged in human trafficking.
- Person found dead inside car along I-65 in Birmingham
- Widespread damage reported in downtown Chicago after night of looting
- Birmingham firefighters extinguish fire in abandoned building Sunday
- Sources: Big Ten, other top conferences meeting to decide fate of 2020 college football season
- AMBER Alert canceled for 16-month-old boy in Tuscaloosa, suspect still at large