TUSCALOOSA, Ala. (WIAT) — A Tuscaloosa teenager has been booked into the county jail after a shooting that took place Jan. 15.
At around 7:45 p.m. that Friday, Tuscaloosa police contacted Tuscaloosa Violent Crimes Unit investigators to several areas in and around the 3000 block of Elm Street on a shooting.
Additionally, authorities say, two victims were also located at DCH Medical Center with gunshot wounds. One of the victims is facing life-threatening injuries.
During the following days, the Violent Crimes Unit collected evidence, developed suspects and followed up with an arrest on Jan. 20.
Eighteen-year-old Willis Battle, Jr. is charged with attempted murder and discharging into an occupied vehicle. His total bond is set at $90,000.
- Hawley, Sanders push plans to rescue $15 minimum wage
- When is Donald Trump speaking at CPAC?
- Pres. Biden visits Texas, meets with leaders to learn aftermath of the deadly winter storms
- Texas woman who received $9,300 electricity bill files class action lawsuit
- CDC director: Now is not the time to relax COVID-19 restrictions