TUSCALOOSA, Ala. (WIAT) — The city of Tuscaloosa says their Fourth of July fireworks show will go on as planned, but the rest of the “Celebration on the River” activities have been canceled due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
The fireworks show will take place downtown at 9 p.m. and will last for approximately 20 minutes. There will be limited free parking at the Tuscaloosa Amphitheater and the Downtown Intermodal Facility parking deck.
Music that will accompany the fireworks show can be heard on the following radio stations: 95.3, 92.9, 101.7, 100.1, 93.3, 97.5 and 100.9.
The city of Tuscaloosa is asking residents who are viewing the fireworks to practice social distancing and wear a face covering.
- Alabama Department of Public Health releases COVID-19 guidance for schools
- Second stimulus checks: Progress slow on virus relief bill with $1,200 payments
- Central AL Forecast: Just a few showers today, mainly dry trend continues
- Heart and double-lung transplant recipient sharing his story to inspire others
- ‘Back the Blue’ rally draws crowd of supporters and counter-protesters