TUSCALOOSA, Ala. (WIAT) — The Tuscaloosa Police Department has arrested a man who allegedly shot and killed a pet cat.
According to TPD, 25-year-old Yuxin Zhuang was arrested and charged with one count of animal cruelty Monday.
TPD was notified by the cat’s owner that they found the animal at a location on Eighth Street in downtown Tuscaloosa Saturday morning. A veterinarian later determined the cat had been shot by a pellet gun.
Zhuang was arrested following an initial investigation. He is being held at the Tuscaloosa County Jail on a $10,000 bond.
Anyone with information on this case should contact TPD at (205) 349-2121 or CrimeStoppers at (205) 752-7867.
- What do you do if you’re pepper sprayed?
- WWE’s Sasha Banks and Naomi suspended indefinitely after ‘Monday Night Raw’ incident
- Fewer donors say they’re willing to give to a charity when it supports immigrants – especially if they’re undocumented
- Dollywood, Disneyland and Busch Gardens are America’s ‘Favorite Theme Parks,’ annual survey finds
- Use these tips to free up storage on your phone fast