TRUSSVILLE, Ala. (WIAT) — Trussville City Hall is closed until further notice due to an employee testing positive for COVID-19.
Mayor Buddy Choat confirmed the coronavirus case Monday morning to CBS 42. The news comes as viral cases have been spiking across Alabama in recent weeks. On Monday afternoon, Jefferson County’s face mask ordinance will go into effect, requiring all residents over the age of 8 to wear masks out in public.
No information was provided on who tested positive for the virus or if anyone else had been tested in the building.
- Man pleads guilty in 1990 slaying after another man cleared
- West Tuscaloosa residents want new YMCA built
- Trump defends tweet about NASCAR’s Confederate flag ban, Bubba Wallace
- Historic Birmingham building to be transformed into an automated hotel
- ‘Masks make a difference’: Dr. Fauci talks safely reopening as COVID-19 cases in south spike