MONTGOMERY, Ala. (AP) — A new report shows thousands of people are still filing new unemployment claims related to the coronavirus outbreak each week in Alabama.
Statistics released by the Alabama Department of Labor on Thursday show that 18,671 new applications for jobless benefits were filed last week. Of those, 11,311 were related to the COVID-19 pandemic.
The numbers are far less than in March and April. Much of the state’s economy has reopened since then.
- Authorities recover body of woman swept away by Dodson landslide
- Doctors respond to ADPH’s vaccine rollout
- Buffalo Bills arrive in Kansas City ahead of AFC Championship
- Big offenses, overlooked defenses in AFC title game
- Fatal crash investigation underway after vehicle goes airborne, lands in Cypress Creek