MCCALLA, Ala. (WIAT) — The Tuscaloosa County Sheriff’s Office is investigating an incident in McCalla where two law enforcement officers were shot at Wednesday night.
According to authorities, a TCSO deputy and an officer with the Woodstock Police Department were shot at numerous times in the 11000 block of Apple Valley Road around 9 p.m.
No injuries were sustained by the officers. The suspect later shot himself, according to law enforcement. The suspect is said to be in critical condition. They were transported to a local hospital for treatment.
Two attempted murder warrants have been issued for the suspect. He has not yet been formally charged.
No other information has been released at this time.
- CDC considering shortening quarantine time for COVID-19 exposure
- Fans still excited for Iron Bowl after Saban contracts COVID-19
- 2 businesses burglarized in Montgomery County
- Doctor shares video showing what COVID patients see in final moments
- AEA: Students are using doctors notes to get out of quarantine