TARRANT, Ala. (WIAT) — The city of Tarrant will be dedicating its new city hall in honor of Mayor Loxcil Tuck.
Tuck has held office since 2004. She is the longest serving female mayor in Alabama’s history.
Wayman Newton was named mayor-elect after his victory in the municipal election in August. He is the first African-American mayor elected in the city’s history.
Newton, 40, will take office starting Nov. 2.
City officials will hold the dedication Thursday starting at 3 p.m.
- Health Officer fears risks of COVID spread at upcoming parties, gatherings
- Treasury Secretary Mnuchin, Fed Chair Powell testify on COVID-19 relief needs
- President Trump vows defense bill veto unless internet liability shield scrapped
- Health care workers go on strike, demand protection against virus
- Hospitals dealing with nationwide shortage of nurses