TALLADEGA, Ala. (WIAT) — Residents in Talladega have elected the city’s first black mayor in Timothy Ragland.
Ragland defeated incumbent Jerry Cooper 1014 to 991 in Tuesday’s election. Ragland and Cooper went into a runoff election after the initial mayoral election in August proved too close to call.
WATCH: FIRST AFRICAN AMERICAN MAYOR SWORN IN IN TALLADEGA
Ragland has confirmed with CBS 42 that he will be inaugurated Nov. 4.
- Hoover councilman says Riverchase Galleria has an ‘image issue’
- Birmingham physicians sending letter to local schools about COVID-19 safety
- Bed Bath & Beyond to close 200 stores
- Birmingham photographer using gift to help human trafficking victims
- Driver who hit Seattle protesters charged with 3 felonies