TALLADEGA, Ala. (WIAT) — Residents in Talladega have elected the city’s first black mayor in Timothy Ragland.
Ragland defeated incumbent Jerry Cooper 1014 to 991 in Tuesday’s election. Ragland and Cooper went into a runoff election after the initial mayoral election in August proved too close to call.
WATCH: FIRST AFRICAN AMERICAN MAYOR SWORN IN IN TALLADEGA
Ragland has confirmed with CBS 42 that he will be inaugurated Nov. 4.
- 85 year old Cullman County man continues to volunteer in the community
- Longtime teacher surprised with free tickets to Super Bowl
- San Francisco 49ers get chance to tie Pittsburgh Steelers, New England Patriots
- WEATHER WEDNESDAY: Save the Trees! From the Emerald Ash Borer
- Two diehard Chiefs fans getting married on Super Bowl Sunday