TALLADEGA, Ala. (WIAT) — Residents in Talladega have elected the city’s first black mayor in Timothy Ragland.
Ragland defeated incumbent Jerry Cooper 1014 to 991 in Tuesday’s election. Ragland and Cooper went into a runoff election after the initial mayoral election in August proved too close to call.
WATCH: FIRST AFRICAN AMERICAN MAYOR SWORN IN IN TALLADEGA
Ragland has confirmed with CBS 42 that he will be inaugurated Nov. 4.
- Tuscaloosa County voters head to the polls for absentee voting Saturday
- AMBER Alert canceled: Victims found safe, suspect in custody in Kansas
- Biden campaign launches ‘TrumpCovidPlan.com’ — a site that reads ‘Not Found’
- Briarwood Christian claims Bassmaster High School National Championship On Kentucky Lake
- Days away: We’re counting down to daylight saving and extra sleep