MONTGOMERY, Ala. (WIAT) — The office of Alabama Veteran Affairs confirmed with CBS 42 that VA Commissioner Kent Davis has prostate cancer and is scheduled to go into surgery Friday.
The office of Commissioner Davis stated that the cancer was discovered during a routine checkup.
VA Assistant Commissioner Mike Northcutt will serve in Davis’ place.
- VIDEO: Man injured after shoved by police during protest in Buffalo
- Mother arrested after missing Texas boy’s body found in dumpster
- Family seeking answers following death of Aliceville man
- After student tests positive for COVID-19, Birmingham City Schools postpones remaining graduations
- Senators press colleges on coronavirus safety plans to reopen campuses