MONTGOMERY, Ala. (WIAT) — The office of Alabama Veteran Affairs confirmed with CBS 42 that VA Commissioner Kent Davis has prostate cancer and is scheduled to go into surgery Friday.
The office of Commissioner Davis stated that the cancer was discovered during a routine checkup.
VA Assistant Commissioner Mike Northcutt will serve in Davis’ place.
- Ignite! Alabama hosts empowerment summit
- 2 juvenile girls in stolen truck lead troopers on chase ending near Argo
- Black Men unite for ‘More than a March’ movement in Birmingham
- Man shot in Fairfield, investigation underway
- Authorities investigating person found dead in Tuscaloosa house fire